CARBON MONOXIDE - THE SILENT KILLER
Carbon monoxide (CO) is known as the silent killer because it is a colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas, and therefore very difficult to detect. While every gas appliance will give off a certain amount of CO, exposure to concentrations above 35 ppm can be toxic to you and your family. Symptoms include light-headedness, confusion, headaches, dizziness (general flue like symptoms). It is crucial that you have a CO detector installed in every level of your home. Your home inspection will include a CO test on every gas fired appliance, as well as recommendations of where to put necessary detectors.